Sunday, February 9, 2014

We brought  Ripley's ashes home yesterday.
The urn is inside a small white, paper bag, with looped handles that we've placed on the kitchen table.  It might be  gift bag, were it not for the  name of the Pet cemetery in tastefully font-ed black  print.
 I've taken a look inside.   Vinci, at dr Sullivan's  had offered to clip a bit of Ripley's hair as a memento.  I recognize the cream and apricot strands from the long flow of her ears.   That's as far as I gotten. 

I did move the bag,  otherwise, unexamined to the mantle,  which seems more fitting.    As it's fitting she came home yesterday. It was during this  week  9 years ago , that Ripley first came home  with  us. Somehow,  and I think for right mow, (I will allow myself to opine freely), I really did prefer Ripley's 2005  homecoming.
(I shall be a grown up about it next  week)

No comments:

Post a Comment